MP3: Tek ft. Richie Sosa “Tic Toc”

. Aug 16, 2009

Okay, so I will admit that I originally passed on this song after viewing the artwork and song title. Despite my initial hesitancy, I took and few minutes to listen to the record and was pleasantly surprised. First off, this “G-Mix” features the vocals of Tek (from Smiff-N-Wessun) and Richie Sosa over The Alchemist’s “Tick Tock” beat which was an original sample of Side Effect’s “The Loneliest Man in Town”. The original sample by Side Effect is one of my favorite old school jams. The beat is so mellow, yet the lyrics to the song are filled with so much conviction and meaning. Given my love for the original, I was slightly biased against this new version by Tek and Richie Sosa. Luckily the two managed to hold their own and produce a track that is well worth a download or at least a few spins. Apparently this track will appear on Tek’s “I Did It My Way” project which is a prelude to featured his 24K Smoke album.



DOWNLOAD:

"Tic Toc"