Mixtape: Ra the MC "A Mixtape About Something, I Think"

. Nov 9, 2008

So I am basically playing catch-up and dowloading/posting some DMV mixtapes that I missed. This mixtape was pretty crazy. Foxy Brown was the last female MC that I actually messed with, only to be preceeded by MC Lyte, Monie Love, Salt-N-Pepa and Roxanne Shante'. After listening to this tape though, I am definitely a fan of Ra the MC, and I just added her to my list. Not only is her flow tight, but her rhymes are on point and I believe she can spit with the best of them. I initially checked out some of her freestyles on youtube and I was like DAMN. This mixtape has a great mix of sounds, and I am definitely feelin' the Martin-inspired theme. Check it out below and be sure to visit her blog, it's ji fresh.




You need to peep these: