Remember When LL Cool J Was Actually Good?

. Sep 24, 2008

Sorry don't mean to be too harsh, but LL has let me down. I was a big fan back in the day but these soft mainstream half-assed tracks that he has been coming out with just aren't cutting it. He's just not the same... and it's a shame.... The epitome of how I feel is this Big L track called "I Don't Understand It" listen to the song and pay attention to the lyrics.


Anyways, I'm still an LL Cool J fan pre-2000 lol. Let's reminisce...

"I'm Bad"
yeaaaah!!!! he was niiiice!!!!

"Jingling Baby"
this will get ya head boppin

"Rock the Bells"
How many times have you heard this track sampled...just dope shit

"Mama Said Knock You Out"
hypeness

"Doin' It"
i kno you love when this song came on at parties


"I Shot Ya Remix"
He Killed the Last Verse of this song at 3:12, even made DJ Premier sample him on
"Next Time" by Gangstarr


I know those are a lot of videos, and there were so many more I could have posted like "Going Back to Cali" or "Hey Lover" or "Around the Way Girl." It just hurts when LL comes out with that track "Baby" when he can do better. I don't care if it's a hit on the radio or whatever, he can get a hit the right way...the quality way.

Please drop comments...