Daytona - A Tribe Called Fresh...

. Jun 1, 2008



As stated time and time again, I am a huge ATCQ fan! I really don't think I can stress that enough. The other day I was doing my usual thing checking out the daily rotation and I came across this mixtape by the kid Daytona out of the BX. When I first saw the title of the tape, I immediately got excited because for a split second I thought the tribe dropped a new mixtape ( Damn!!), but after further inspection I realized that it was not a tribe compilation but rather a mixtape by Cipha Sounds and Daytona. Now I must say when I saw this I was pretty skeptical at first because ATCQ has set the bar pretty high and anyone who even mentions their name has got to come hard. After listening to the mixtape though, I was very impressed by his song selection, flow, and the way in which he infused his BX inspired personality into all the classic tribe (Queens) cuts. Needless to say. Daytona put forth a great effort on this tape and I definitely believe that it is worth a listen. For more information check out his myspace and be sure to DL the mixtape below.




"Man, I'm runnin' through the game like I am working the net at Wimbledon"



PS. Be sure to check out ATCQ on the Rock the Bells Tour coming to a city near you this summer