5 Albums That I'm Anxiously Anticipating

. Mar 14, 2009

Reks - "More Grey Hairs"
This album is actually out now on iTunes, and I must say, it met all my expectations. "More Grey Hairs" is the follow-up album to last year's release, "Grey Hairs", and after listening to it all day today, I must say that it's straight dope. The album features production from DJ Statik Selektah, DJ Premier, DJ GI Joe, and Soul Theory to name a few. From the moment I pressed play, I don't think I ever stopped bobbing my head - real boom bap hip hop for your soul. Cop it here.
Release Date: Out Now



Jadakiss "The Last Kiss"
No explanation necessary...Jada should have moved a little faster though so this record could have landed on his album. Regardless, this album should be dope.

Release Date: 04/07/09



Blame One - "Days After Days"
Confession: I have never been a fan of west coast hip hop. Of course I listened to Dre, Snoop, Pac, Kurupt, etc, but outside of the major names, I have never gotten down with too much else. I am not too sure why, but I just attribute it to me being more familiar with the subject matter and culture addressed in East coast (northern) hip hop. In recent times however, that has changed tremendously. For those of you that check the blog often, you know I am huge fan of Blu. Blu is a true lyricist and when he teams up with mainframe, exile, etc on those soulful beats, it's straight magic (e.g Below the Heavens). In addition to Blu, I am also feeling Blame One. "Grown Man Rap" and "A Complex Burden" were both dope albums and I have set the bar pretty high for this album.

Release Date: 03/31/09



Wale X 9th Wonder - "Back to the Feature"
It's pretty sad that I don't have many details about this mixtape, but nevertheless I can't wait for it to drop. 9th Wonder on production = dope.

Release Date: ???

Saigon - "All In A Days Work"
Yet another album dropping this month featuring production from DJ Statik Selektah. Although, I was not a fan of the Budden/Saigon beef, I am feelin' Saigon's music. I was fortunate enough to hear a bunch of tracks from the album on the Underworld show, and I must say it sounds hot. I still can't believe they recorded the album in one day. If the album ends up being hot, that will be major. If it's weak, people will blame the quick turnaround as the reason for its failure. I have high expectations for this album.

Release Date: 03/17/09