Nike Air Griffey Max Retro...

. Oct 1, 2008

I am happy to hear that they are going to be re-releasing these in 2009. Ken Griffey Jr. was my idol back in the day when I used to play baseball. I had posters plastered all over my walls showcasing the kid's "perfect swing". It sucks that he fell out of the spotlight when he ran into all those injuries. In my opinion, he is the MLB's Penny Hardaway and it is a little ironic that both of them were featured in that "Ken Griffey Jr. For President" Commercial. I spotted these joints at TSG (shouts out to G-Roc) and according to G-Roc, "two OG colorways will drop; White/Black/Mariner Emerald & White/Varsity Royal/Yellow. The Black will drop in April and the Blue will release in June. Retail will be $140".




"Ken Griffey For President" Commercial