Wow, This Was Very Powerful...

. Sep 20, 2008

Check out this clip of Dalton Sherman, a 5th grader from Dallas, Texas, who delivered a speech to about 17,000 educators at a back to school pep rally in the American Airlines Center. His speech was not only well orated, but it was motivating and it has touched many people. Schools throughout the country (NJ,Detroit, Richmond, etc) have shown this clip to their teachers who recently entered the 2008-2009 school year. I think the most gripping part about this clip is that Dalton is a 5th grader. I know in 5th grade, I would not have been capable of delivering something like this. His speech was truthful, delivering a message of hope, yet it stressed the real need for educator's to believe in all the children that they teach. In Dallas, Dalton is an acclaimed orator and has served as the keynote speaker for a Maya Angelou event. This kid definitely has a bright future ahead of him.



I am not going to lie, this was the first thing I thought about after I watched the video:



Swiped from: 1x4yourmind.com