Seduction Lessons - Course to Boost Birthrates in Singapore

. Mar 27, 2008

Due to the city’s low birthrate the Singapore government is offering its students lessons in seduction. Seriously.

Students of two polytechnics earn two credits towards their degree if they choose the love elective. Activities for seduction include watching romantic films, holding hands and one I don’t quite get - the love song analysis. Student Isabel Seet, an 18-year-old mechanical engineering student says: “My teacher said if a guy looks into my eyes for more than five seconds, it could mean that he is attracted to me and I stand a chance.” Boy talk about high expectations. The course teaches about love, sexuality, and the importance of family life. The teachers or “trainers” are provided by the Social Development Unit, a government match-making agency. Oy Vey!

But it is not so easy to put Singaporean youth in the mood for love. Another student who did the course, Kamal Prakash, said: "I'm not really looking for a girlfriend now as I want to concentrate on my studies."

src. TRENDHUNTER